Gas Furnace Repair & Maintenance, Sales and Service
Heating and cooling service plans for your home
Our professional and courteous staff is the right choice whether you require preventative maintenance, emergency service, or an annual cleaning & inspection.
- 24-hour heating service & portable heating solutions
- Service all makes & models of furnaces & air conditioners
- Maintenance contracts for heating & air conditioning equipment
- Factory- & company-trained technicians
Proper maintenance of your heating and cooling appliances is essential for unit efficiency, indoor air quality and extended product life. At Metropolitan, our service plans are tailored to suit your needs, at competitive prices.
Listed below are a few of our standard residential maintenance plans. Commercial and or custom residential plans are available upon request.
Preventative Maintenance Plan
Annual cleaning & inspection of your equipment will keep it running efficiently. Plans are available for your furnace, air conditioning, or boiler. You can also purchase a combination plan to cover your furnace and A/C.
Comprehensive Protection Plan
Annual plan includes cleaning & inspection and parts and labour if your equipment requires repairs while covered under the plan. General Service is available at an hourly rate.
Change the Filter on Your Furnace
Filters get clogged over time, trapping airborne particles which include pollen, dander and dust. By replacing the filter, we increase the airflow, and therefore, the efficiency of the furnace.
To book a Service Appointment, click here.
Check/Clean Furnace Area
Be sure any combustible materials stored around the furnace during summer are removed.
Check Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Check to ensure your Carbon Monoxide Detectors are functioning properly. If unsure, these can be tested by our service technicians. It should be noted that the average Carbon Monoxide Detector has a lifespan of two to three years.
Metropolitan installs best-in-class cooling systems from Napolean
From upgrades to new home installations, Metropolitan is up for the job
We offer a variety of solutions to improve the quality of air that we breathe
How often should I get a furnace tune-up?
Your Furnace requires at least One Tune-Up service in a Year. The best time for a regular furnace & HVAC tune-up is before winter begins – ensuring your furnace and HVAC system will be operating efficiently when it’s most needed. Our professional, certified HVAC technicians service all makes and models.
What goes on during a furnace repair/ tune-up?
Tune-ups for furnaces entail inspecting all of the system’s critical components and, if necessary, adjusting, cleaning, testing, and/or lubricating them. Our furnace maintenance checklist includes the following specific tasks:
- Inspecting the vent system and air intake grilles for any obstructions and removing them
- Checking for evidence of deterioration or corrosion on the heat exchanger
- Cleaning and inspecting the blower, as well as removing any debris
- Checking and testing the blower motor’s amp draw
- Inspecting and tightening electrical connections, as needed, and/or repairing damaged wire
- Examining the flame sensor and the burner
- Looking for any signs of corrosion or cracks in the belts
- Inspecting and calibrating the thermostat as needed
- Lubricating the heating system’s working parts
- Checking, cleaning, and replacing the air filter as needed
- The system’s safety controls and startup cycle are being checked and tested.
How do I keep out the cold during the winter?
Keeping warm could be an essential requirement we all share. As we go into winter’s chilliest months, we display our best tips for keeping cozy throughout the winter season.
- Seal Gaps and Breaks. Indeed little gaps where cable wires or phone lines enter your home can be a section point for cold air—or places can affect your home temperature.
- A humidifier can make it feel slightly warmer, give your relief from dry air and maintain the humidity for comfortable living.
- have warm beverages and foods, and use the oven and stove to cook them.
- Keep as active as possible to boost your circulation. Move around at least once an hour and avoid sitting still for long periods.
- A smart thermostat can be set to coincide with your alarm clock and your work day so the heat is already on as long as you would like it.
Is oil or gas furnaces better?
Both gas and oil furnaces have their own advances and disadvantages. Both of them require regular maintenance to keep them working at their best. However, oil furnaces may require more care because oil furnace combustion chambers will need more cleaning to remove soot and other materials but gas burns much cleaner than oil, a gas furnace may require less maintenance than oil.